An Interview with Carl Larson, Creator of the Drain Model
This month we are focusing on The Eyes of a Leader, Be a Leader Who Has a Vision for the Future. Watch below as Michelle Cummings interviews Carl Larson about what makes teams successful and how he created the Drain Model. Dr. Carl Larson and his colleague Frank LaFasto conducted an in-depth study at The University of Denver about what makes a team successful. For over a decade, they collected and analyzed responses from more than 6,000 team members and leaders across a variety of industries, in both public and private sectors, to find out exactly what conditions help or hinder teams in achieving their goals. The voices of these team members-often eloquent, always enlightening-are heard through the quotations that appear throughout their book, When Teams Work Best. As a result of their findings, Larson and LaFasto created a model they call The Drain Model. With permission, Personify Leadership uses this model in our Eyes of a Leader module: Be a leader who has a vision for the future.
View this video interview with Michelle Cummings and Dr. Carl Larson to learn more about his research and the history behind The Drain Model.
- The Courageous Leader Program BrochureJanuary 30, 2018
- Feeling Stuck? What to do when life kicks you out.October 16, 2017
- Afraid of Giving Feedback? Tips for Speaking Constructively at WorkSeptember 11, 2017
- Tips for Giving Feedback That Drives ResultsSeptember 4, 2017
- Q&A with Angela SebalyMay 9, 2017