Are you experiencing any stress this month? How does stress relate to your ability to be an Emotionally Resilient leader?
A common myth about stress is that zero stress makes us happy and healthy, but the American Psychology Association (http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress-…) says otherwise. “Stress can be the kiss of death or the spice of life,” comparing it to tension on a violin string: too little tension on the string produces sounds that are dull or raspy, but too much tension can potentially snap it.
Michelle Cummings, Co-Founder of Personify Leadership (http://www.personifyleadership.com), talks about how to manage the right amount of stress. Too little can create boredom among your employees, while too much can overwhelm them. Finding the sweet spot will keep tasks interesting and challenging enough to be motivating. Watch this video below for a few tips on emotional resilience.
- The Courageous Leader Program BrochureJanuary 30, 2018
- Feeling Stuck? What to do when life kicks you out.October 16, 2017
- Afraid of Giving Feedback? Tips for Speaking Constructively at WorkSeptember 11, 2017
- Tips for Giving Feedback That Drives ResultsSeptember 4, 2017
- Q&A with Angela SebalyMay 9, 2017